ANNUAL REPORTS AND FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
The Academies Accounts Direction is the reference pack for The Sea View Trust and its appointed auditors to use when preparing and auditing financial statements for the accounting period ending on 31 August annually.
To produce the Accounts Direction, the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) takes the requirements set out by the Charity Commission in its Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) and translates them into a form applicable to Academy Trusts.
The Accounts Direction outlines the requirements for our Academy Trust to:
- prepare an annual report and financial statements to 31 August
- have these accounts audited annually by independent registered auditors
- produce a statement of regularity, propriety and compliance and obtain a regularity assurance report on this statement from the auditor
- submit the audited accounts and auditor’s regularity assurance report to ESFA within 4 months of its year end, usually by 31 December
- file the accounts with the Companies Registrar as required under the Companies Act 2006
- publish the audited accounts on the trust’s website by 31 January
The Accounts Direction explains the elements that must be included in The Sea View Trust annual report and financial statements and the accounting treatments required. It also provides a model format for the report and the financial statements and this ensures consistency of treatment between Academy Trusts.
We publish our accounts on this Trust website as soon as possible after approval by the Trustees, but by no later than 31 January each year.
If you have any queries regarding The Sea View Trust annual reports and financial statements, please contact the Trust Chief Finance Officer in the first instance.
Angela Holdsworth, CEO and Accounting Officer